Who is Jesus Christ?
Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God. He had no human father, but was conceived when the power of God, called the Holy Spirit, worked a miracle on his mother, who was a virgin. (See Luke 1:32, 35; Matthew 1:20-25; Matthew 3:17; John 1:49; John 10:36).
What was the work of Jesus, the Son of God?
- To reveal his Father, Almighty God, to the world in a way that men could understand. (See John 1:1, 8; John 12:45; John 14:9; John 17:6, 26).
- To show the glorious qualities of his Father â holiness, righteousness and love. (See John 1:14-41; Romans 3:24-26).
- To show to men the full meaning of Christian service and obedience. (See Luke 22:42; John 5:30; 8:29).
- To preach the gospel. (See Luke 4:18; 9:6; and 20:1).
- To die for us. (See John 10:11, 15; Acts 2:23).
- To bring us back to God. (See Ephesians 2:16; Romans 5:10; John 14:6).